We've all enjoyed the BF3 previews and movies recently and I have no doubt BF3 will live up to the hype. So this got me thinking about other titles with awesome trailers or intros that did or did not deliver great gaming experience:
- of course BF2's original intro still gets me going
- I loved the Command and Conquer Generals intro, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy1GMVPFrQs
I'm not a big RTS fan, takes way too much time, but I liked the game and really enjoyed deploying nuclear weapons
- Borderlands was marketing genius. Their trailer hooked me right away, http://store.steampowered.com/app/8980/
and using Cage the Elephant's "No Rest for the Wicked" in the intro was fantastic. I also like the trailer for the General Knoxx DLC http://store.steampowered.com/app/50110
The General's tape recordings in the game are funny as hell and Scooter is hilarious
- Homefront's trailer was excellent marketing too especially using the real-world North Korean incident news footage in the intro. However this may have back-fired since many were hoping for a deeper story-line.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight used a mix of live-action in the intro and cutscenes that I liked. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAS73IEZuo4
I thought the actors did pretty well. Unfortunately the follow-up expansions to the game did not include anymore live actors.
- I was pre-teen in the early 80's and loved Transformers so when this trailer came out I had to get it: http://store.steampowered.com/app/42650/
Turned out to have decent back-story and fun for a third-person shooter.
- Bioshock has among the best intros and voice acting I've experienced
Anyway just a few thoughts on it from my game library. What impressed you?